Western Scientific Company Limited is a well-respected distributor whose main activities are focused in the Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Training of Scientific & Clinical Laboratory Equipment and Supplies.
Currently our distribution network spans more than 30 countries and over 300 small to medium clients and 150 large clients. We are devoted to providing each client with unparalleled after sales services and support.
At Western Scientific Company Limited, our commitment to ethics, integrity and proper business conduct is the cornerstone of our Company. We pledge to hold ourselves to the highest standard of ethical behaviour in everything we say and everything that we do. Our Commitment to our Business Integrity Program is a reflection of this pledge and serves as a guide for maintaining our high ethical standards.
Our Business Integrity Program contains the following Policies which set out the fundamental principles of conduct for WSCL:
1. The Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Our Code provides guidance on the conduct of the WSCL’s business in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and with the highest ethical standards.
It applies to all our directors, officers and employees of the Company as well as other individuals engaged in providing professional and business services to WSCL.
2. The Anti-Corruption Policy
Our Policy requires adherence to established standards of business conduct to ensure the Company’s business operations are conducted in compliance with the laws of Trinidad and Tobago and other laws having international application.
3. The Whistleblower Policy
We encourage and provide an avenue for reporting of misconduct which ensures that concerns regarding questionable business practices can be raised without fear of discrimination, retaliation or harassment. All reports made will be treated as confidential and if requested, as anonymous, by the person making the complaint.
If you have concerns that the Company has failed to meet any of its standards, reports can be made to:
We also require all our WSCL personnel to participate in mandatory regular training sessions to become familiar with all the requirements of the Policies and to understand the applicability of the approved practices to our business operations.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE) POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of WESTERN SCIENTIFIC COMPANY LIMITED to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all our employees. We intend to manage all our risks through carefully planned risk management programs, polices and plans that incorporate the highest levels of HSE standards and practices of the industry. WESTERN SCIENTIFIC COMPANY LIMITED recognises that it owes a financial, legal and moral obligation to all our stakeholders and intends to fulfil these obligations through HSE management systems aimed at continuous improvements.
WESTERN SCIENTIFIC COMPANY LIMITED will:
- Use various risk reduction programs, policies and plans to identify hazards and control risks associated with our operations to ensure they are reduced to as low as are reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Always provide safe systems of work, safe working conditions and equipment
- Do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents and incidents
- Establish arrangements for reporting incidents and accidents
- Plan for potential emergency situations that may be encountered during the course of our operations so that the consequences can be limited and all incidents managed successfully.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision geared towards increasing the competency of all our employees so that they can perform their jobs safely.
- Provide safe handling and transportation of harmful substances
- Consult with our employees on HSE Management and performance and to ensure that their opinions are part of the HSE management decision making process within the company.
- Continually audit and review all procedures, policies and programs at predetermined timeframes to ensure that they are kept updated and continually improved.
- Ensure that the company complies with all relevant legislation at all times.
- Comprehensively consider the aspects and impacts of the company activities to prevent harm to the environment.
- Select employees based on a combination of experience, skill, training and education.
- Provide a contractor management system that ensures that contractors are effectively selected and managed so that they do not introduce new risks to our organisation.